~Never Too Many Oils ~ the next journey....

Monday, August 6, 2012

{ Sit Quietly }

I have been reminded more then once lately to sit quietly in the Lords presence. To make my mind a pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts He decides to drop into it. To not be overwhelmed with whatever the day may hold. To come to Him and give those worries away. I am trying to communicate throughout the day with Him on a more consistent basis. Besides my bible and devotional the current book I am reading when I crawl into bed at night is Discerning The Voice Of GOD......by Priscilla Shirer. I am about half way through it and I am loving every minute of it. I have been so adament about NOT falling into "old habits" since returning home from Africa. I do not want to forget what I saw, how I felt, the smells, those beautiful faces of young and old. The stirring that it has brought to my heart. I have been trying to think of different ways to give, along with using other people to feel this as well. My clothing sale went wonderful and I was able to sponsor 10 children with Ekubo Ministries. I pray that each person that looked through my Facebook album felt a sense of joy and pride knowing that those children have their fall tuition, uniforms, medical, 2 meals and day and supplies paid for. Each person that bought from the sale helped in that. It sure brought me joy. And that is what I remember most about these children. JOY! I am so thankful that the Lord uses us at different points in our lives to serve and glorify His Kingdom. Can you imagine if we were only given one chance? Thank goodness for grace and mercy and above all......Jesus. So for now I will sit quietly and hopefully hear what He would like me to do next. sunset (5 of 1)

1 comment:

  1. Sad I missed the opprotunity to be apart of your clothing sale, What a great idea! Do you allow Facebook friends you have never really met? I have been following you since Sophia came home...lora

    ReplyDelete